In order to participate in experiments conducted by researchers of the School of Economics and Finance at QUT, you must register online at http://experiments.bus.qut.edu.au/. You will be required to sign a copy of these conditions at your first experiment participation.
By registering for laboratory experiments, you indicate your intention of taking part in experiments conducted by researchers of the School.
Rules for laboratory experiments
- For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will get an invitation email. Only the invited persons have the right to take part in the experiment.
- In case you get an email which invites you to participate in a particular experiment, you have to answer positively to this email in order to be able to take part in the experiment. By doing so, you indicate your commitment to participate.
- For each experiment, an excess number of participants will be invited. The first invited persons arriving at the experiment's location will participate. Participants who are invited and may not participate in the experiment due to capacity constraints or other failures are compensated with the show up payment.
- Every participant who is invited to an experiment and showed up in time will at least be compensated by a show up payment of $5.00.v
- Usually, participation will be compensated in cash. The amount depends on the participant's and other participants' decisions during the experiment.
- During an experiment, each participant will have to act upon the rules stated by the experimenter in the instructions.
- To ensure that only those people who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, participants are asked to carry an photographic identification(such as a Student card) with them. A participant who does not carry an identity paper will not receive the show up payment and might not participate.
- People who give their agreement to take part in a particular experiment have to keep in mind that if they do not turn up or turn up late then the experiment might be canceled because of a lack of participants.
Therefore, by registering for laboratory experiments, you agree with the following statements:
I have been informed that if I do not turn up or turn up late for an experiment I have been enrolled for, this may lead to the experiment having to be canceled. I am aware that I can be made liable for costs incurred from canceled experiments if I do not contact the experimenters (You may contact email@example.com) at least 24 hours ahead if I am not able to attend the experiment or provide any plausible reason for not being able to inform the Researchers in time or show up due to some unforeseeable incident.
Moreover, each time you do not turn up for an experiment you have been enrolled for without informing the experimentalists on time or providing any plausible reason, a negative mark will be added to your reputation score (see your personal data on the web site once you have registered online). The more negative marks you have the lower your chances to be invited for future experiments. Once your reputation score contains three negative marks, you will not be invited anymore to take part in experiments conducted by researchers of the School of Economics and Finance.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.